Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure, and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Field Engineer to work within their facilities located in Taipei(Offshore), Taiwan for a contract assignment.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Field Engineer is responsible for engineering, work offshore under the supervision of the Project Engineer or Superintendent.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
• Proactively contribute to the safety regime on the vessel.
- Carry out other related tasks when required by management.
- To prepare and update work packs of procedures, methods, drawings etc. for each phase of the work.
- To ensure that only the latest revisions of documents, procedures, drawings etc. are available at the place of work.
- To resolve technical queries and recommend alternative solutions to engineering problems.
- To perform setting out of work points and subsequent verification for grillage, sea fastening and other deck fabrications in accordance with procedures and drawings.
- To produce material requisitions with sufficient information to meet the required technical, quality and safety standards.
- To perform inspection activities when determined by the Quality Control and Inspection Plans (incl. subcontractors).
- To obtain the Clients signature of acceptance on QC/Inspection Plans (incl. subcontractors).
- To prepare the as built documentation package.
• As per applicable Offshore Integrated Training Matrix.
- Higher Technical College (HTS) / Technical University (TU) level (Civil Engineering, Maritime Design or Mechanical Engineering specialized in steel structural design or equivalent).
- 2 to 3 years experience with installing offshore constructions.
- Verbal communication in English.
- The workplace is onboard SHL’s vessels.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.airswift.com.