NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry.
Our client is seeking a Maintenance Assistant for a 9-month contract in Nisku, AB. The schedule is Monday – Friday potential shifts on Saturday and Sunday depending on the work. Generally, 8-hour days however, depending on the work could be up to 12-hour days.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Fully participates in technical training tasks and ensure training is accurately recorded.
- Learns, through organized seminars and personal study, the operational and technical characteristics of equipment.
- Promotes the importance of service quality within the maintenance community.
- Understands and complies with rules and regulations.
- Assists in the development and coaching of less senior Assistants.
- Ensures all assigned equipment is continually maintained at the highest standards, resulting in proper functionality and minimum failures.
- Performs the maintenance strictly, as per procedure, and according to the defined schedule.
- Efficiently troubleshoots and repairs assigned equipment, and if required, repairs equipment at the wellsite.
- Records all maintenance and failure events immediately and accurately.
- Understands and helps drive the service quality plan within the location.
- Reports honestly and accurately at all times.
- Promotes a culture of safety awareness within the maintenance community.
- Ensures work areas are safe, clean and orderly at all times.
- Keep confidential documents secure and in good order.
- Follows the company policies and procedures on health, safety, and environment.
- Supports Management efforts to minimize general and specific quality and HSE risks and promotes respect, understanding and adherence to safety regulations.
- Uses QUEST to report RIR and for follow up on action items.
- Continuously strives to optimize the safety and efficiency of maintenance procedures.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of company and client information.
- Understands and actively applies the OFS LTI/AA prevention plan.
- Takes an active part in the location LPT.
· Must have the ability to perform maintenance in the equipment assigned.
· Basic Computer skills are recommended.
· The candidate’s knowledge, personality and drive must gain the respect of the other maintenance staff and the support of their supervisor.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.