Houston – United States
The Project Manager is responsible for planning the project to deliver according to schedule, scope, budget, and quality expected. The Project Manager ensures that the project plan meets all contractual requirements. Project Manager interfaces with Engineering, Planning, Manufacturing, Quality, Finance, Test labs, etc. to plan and execute field deployment of products. This person supports project team members career development through monitoring of performance, development of skill and competency gaps and personal preferences. The Project Manager monitors and control the progress of the project while keeping relevant stakeholders informed and ensures risk and QHSE concerns are mitigated by the project plan.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- These responsibilities are activities that correspond to the metro stops and key processes.
- Conduct contract review
- Project technical evaluation and selection of appropriate technology
- Develop product and technology development plan as required
- Project cost evaluation and control
- Project risk assessment and mitigation plan development
- Risk Monitoring and Control
- Project schedule management
- Coordination of team activities
- Project monthly reports and stakeholder management
- Acts as the project single point-of-contact for all stakeholders.
- Engages with the customer to understand high-level goals, business plans, and objectives related to the project.
- Supports sales with technical and commercial proposal development.
- Defines resource plans for assets, products, and workforce.
- Defines risks, risk mitigation measures, and risk responses for the project.
- Actively works to drive synergies and opportunities for cross-PL integration in the project.
- Communicates directly with relevant Product Center personnel regarding key/new products related to the project.
- Develops knowledge in key technologies and industry best practices.
- Develop new methods and practices for the Project Management Office as part of Continuous Improvement initiatives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other closely related qualifications with exposure to advanced engineering practices
- Minimum 4-6 years of closely related experience in Project Management
- Subsea equipment development and offshore deployment
- Oil and Gas industry design standards for subsea equipment
- Operations Integrity
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.