Join Our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Senior Financial Analyst on a permanent basis based in Aberdeen, United Kingdom.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the oil and gas production and processing industry.
We design, build, operate, and maintain oil and gas facilities, which we deliver through a range of flexible and innovative commercial models that can be aligned to an individual client, project or asset. We have a diverse client portfolio which includes many of the world’s leading integrated, independent and national oil and gas companies.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
- Preparation of various quarterly, semi-annual, annual and ad-hoc deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting requirements, including analytic commentary and the preparation of supplementary financial analysis for management and other stakeholders
- Preparation of group consolidated reports for assigned area of responsibility for quarterly, half-yearly and annual external financial reporting (IFRS compliant)
- Preparation and review of standalone financial statements for various subsidiaries
- Managing areas under direct responsibility of annual external audit and interim review processes
- Review financial information submitted by Business Units and through analysis enforce second line of defence to ensure quality and integrity of the financial information submitted and develop robust action plan to address identified gaps
- Enhance financial performance through analysis of financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends and recommend actions
- Work closely with the Business Unit finance teams to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Identify and drive financial reporting process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
- Maintain an up to date technical knowledge on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Prepare and review Group and Business Unit analytical review documents
- Assist with the implementation of new IFRS standards
- Provide technical accounting support to the Group Reporting Manager
- Degree level education (Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Statistics are preferred major fields)
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Experience in a large sized multinational business, either in practice or industry
- Must have worked with Big 4 (EY, Deloitte, PwC or KPMG)
- Extensive experience and understanding of IFRS accounting standards
- Recent practical experience of Group consolidation is mandatory
- Must have working experience with Hyperion Financial Management consolidation system
- Experience of EPC oil and gas business is preferred
- Hyperion Financial Management
- Ability to critically analyze current work methods and suggest and rapidly implement successful change
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) with special focus on:
- Group consolidation and reporting: IFRS 3, IFRS 8, IFRS 10, IFRS 11, IFRS 12, IAS 7, IAS 8, IAS 21, IAS 24, IAS 27, IAS 28, IAS 33, IAS 34
- Financial instruments: IFRS 7, IFRS 9, IFRS 13, IAS 32
- Revenue recognition: IFRS 15
- Impairment of non-current assets: IAS 36
- Group consolidation processes
- Willingness to do all requested ad-hoc work
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.